Thursday, April 20, 2006

Azalea blossom Azalea blossom

SOOOO pretty outside today. I finished up a kid show and drove to the Brighton Azalea Garden. Even though I was about a week early in terms of peak blossoms, it was still beautiful. Click on either of the azaleas above to see my little Azalea Garden slide show.

Despite the fact that I am so congested and miserable (I'm back to thinking it's allergies, not sickness) I do like the spring. The colors in this garden were amazing. I am hoping to get back there next week - I think the garden will be at it's peak then.

In knitting related topics...
I finished an Embossed Leaves Sock


Embossed Leaves in the Azaleas Sock Photo Shoot

I really need to cast on the second one soon - I actually have a little time to concentrate on it. I would like to be able to do a little mindless knitting tonight at the theatre. Sadly, the first few rows of this sock require a little bit of concentration!

And of course, I need to do the second Potomoooose..
and clean my room, and take the dog out, and do some laundry....

Well, it WAS a nice day!

5 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

It's still a beautiful day. We went out and ran errands and I sneezed a lot. As bad as it seems to be here, it's not near as bad as back home. Maybe I was just allergic to Georgia. :D

4:01 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling better! I hate allergies! BOO to them!!

That sock looks soooo good!! The color/pattern combo are awesome!!

Oh & thanks for my birthday wishes!! You are such a sweetie!

4:01 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Beautiful sock! Your sock knitting still amazes me!

One always needs something to knit at the theater. Maybe that's why I'm having Jaywalker issues? Too much using it as a voodoo doll/stress ball during tech and gave it a bad vibe!

I hope the allergies go away soon!

2:08 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Great flowers pictures. And your embossed leaves look lovely.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such beautiful flowers, I enjoyed looking at these pics!
And your sock's so gorgeous, I love the pattern, and the colors you chose for it are certainly perfect for spring!
I do hope that you're having a bit of an easier time by now with your allergies, I know they can be a pain in the back - do get better soon, will you?

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home