Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sick

Sick

I kept trying to tell myself that it's allergies, but I have finally conceded defeat. I'm sick. I have a cold. I feel like holy hell. And I am whiny about it.

Despite my current state of yuckiness, I am knitting, of course. One potomooose sock is DONE! I love it.
One down!
Pomatomus sock detail

One sock done? What's a girl to do? Why.. cast on for a completely different sock of course!
PS socks

I wanted to work with my fabulous Lollygirl yarn from Mama E. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Miss Mama last night at knitting group. I was knitting away when someone came up and said "who are you? that's my yarn!" I love the colors in this yarn. And the way the stripes are turning out. I think the Embossed Leaves pattern is turning out nicely with this colorway.
It was definitely time to start doing some Yellow/Orange Project Spectrum work!

I'm going to finish this and then cast on for the second pomotomooose.

Speaking of PS... I got word that my postcard pal Maryse received her postcard from me, so I can post it now.
Project Spectrum Postcard

On our day of yarn madness a few weeks ago, Amie pointed out a fun plaid sheep poster in one the yarn shops we went to. It stuck in my head and became the inspiration for my PS postcard. I now have a ton of yellow paper that I don't know what I'm going to do with, but I had fun making this.

Oh... fun news...
I got into the Dyeing to Paint class at MD Sheep and Wool. I'm really looking forward to it. I ordered some yarn from Knitpicks to take with me. It came today. I bought lace weight, but I think I'm going to order a skein of sock yarn to take along too. Ya know I just can't ever have enough sock yarn!

I'm trying to stay on a yarn diet until Sheep and Wool. No yarn purchases (except of course for the class!) until the big weekend. I'm still trying to decide on my budget for Sheep and Wool. I don't want to go crazy, but I've been looking forward to it for so long, I figure a little splurging is in order.

Ok, I need to crawl back into bed. After I take the poodle out - she's so demanding that way!


Oops! I almost forgot to add a picture of this fabulous bunny bread I got for Easter! Bunny Bread

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Feel better soon! That moose sock is gorgeous! I love the orange and yellow yarn too-very pretty.

11:13 PM  
Blogger KT said...

bravo on the hippo sock! great colourway for it! Hope you feel better soon, nothing sucks worse than a cold that lingers!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Bunny Bread! Too cool. Feel better toots. Soon. Or I'm taking your space in that class!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

That bread is awesome.

At least I think it is, behind my squinty swollen painful eyes.

We can be whiney together.


And the post card kicks some major tushy.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

I'm going to be in that class too. I can't wait! Thanks for sharing the Brighton Dam picks - I always forget about the azaleas there until it's too late.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home