Monday, April 10, 2006

Finally!!!

I went to my favorite LYS the other day to pick up yarn for Sarah from the Baltimore Knitting Group. The lady behind the counter said"You have earned a $25 store credit!" I decided to wait and use it another day. On the way home from work that night, I had an epiphany! I can put my $25 towards a BALL WINDER!!!! So for a mere $10, I got this beauty....

yarn winder

Yay!!! I am so happy to finally own one of these suckers. I have been merrily winding all my yarn. Even the hated acrylic. It's just making everything so neat and tidy!

See? Pretty, tidy yarn!
YARN!

Yesterday was a FABULOUS day. I spent the afternoon with Lolly and 7 other cool knitty chicks sitting in the sun on the Mall in DC. It was awesome! The weather was spectacular, the company was so nice and knitting on the mall is definitely fun. We sat right at the base of the Washington Monument. There were cookies, there was knitting, there was wonderful conversation and there were peeps! (which I can't believe I didn't take a picture of!)
kites over the smithsonian <<<< click on this picture!
Look how blue the sky was yesterday! Those little dots in the sky are kites flying over the Smithsonian. If you click on this picture, it will take you to a slide show of all the pictures I took in DC. There are a few random shots in there - including one of these very Project Spectrum worthy koi.
Coy Koi
Many many thanks to Lolly for organizing this get-together. I hope we can all do it again sometime.

9 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

OMG!!! You got a winder!!! I wind my acrylic too, just cause it's so freaking cool. :D

9:29 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Hooray for winders!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I've been wanting a ball-winder too, looks like so much fun! It was so good to meet you this weekend. You've inspired me to try to hippopotomoose socks now that I've seen them in person. Maybe when I see you at Sheep & Wool I'll be working on them! See you there!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Happy winderness!

Looks like you had a great Sunday! I played with a puppy, so things were good here too!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Winders are the BEST!!!

Mine was my favorite christmas gift. Now I can't imagine how I lived without it!

Oh & knitting on the mall looks like such fun! I'm glad to see you had a bright sunny day for it!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a ball winder! May I say I'm pretty envious? Winders rock, and the results are amazing as I can see on that second pic!
I love the photo of the fishes, such amazing colors - seems you had a great day out with the girls - no wonder with such beautiful weather, knitting and great company!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Lucky you! My b-day is coming up, I may have to drop a few hints about wanting a winder. Or it could be the traditional self gift this year. ;)

4:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That sounds like fun! And isn't your ball winder the greatest thing ever? A great toy! :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

i received your postcard saturday. thank you so much. it is so cute!

i've been overwhelmed a bit so i haven't posted about it. but i will. i promise.

and i'm going to work on your postcard this weekend.

thanks again. it is really cute.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home