Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Guess what? Chicken Butt!!!

This past Saturday, I spent the day with a bunch of crazy knitting girls on a wild field trip to four different yarn stores in the Baltimore area. We went to A Good Yarn, Woolworks, Woolstock, and (the revoltingly named) Ewenique Yarns. I'm still surprised that we didn't end up in New Jersey. (We will not discuss Eunny's navigational skills!)

I am quite impressed with myself that I managed to go to four yarn stores and spend just a little over $20, and I only bought ONE ball of yarn. (Remember the Fortissima Socka Colori that I couldn't find ANYWHERE?? I found it!)

While we were at Woolworks, I found a knitted stuffed chicken on a shelf. I LOVED it! Sadly, it was just some random chicken toy they had. Not for sale, no pattern. So, I have since become obsessed with trying to recreate it. I finally got the idea to use Knitty's Kate pattern to make the body of the chicken. This is the boring picture of what I have so far...
chickenbutt

It's a chicken butt!!!

The chicken at Woolworks was black with different colored "feathers" (knit triangles) all around it. It also had long red legs - the part I'm dreading. I HATE icord! My version is going to end up being a lot smaller, but hopefully it will still come out ok.

Instead of flashing my stash the other day, I was going to purge my stash of all things acrylic.
I filled three grocery bags. Then I remembered that I wanted to make this chicken, so I am hanging on to some of it for the time being. But... if anyone(local) wants to inherit some acrylic, let me know. Only fair to warn you that both of my housemates smoke (I do not) - so it probably smells very smoky.

The hippo sock is coming along. I'm just starting the heel flap.
potamus grows

I was a little stumped at "purl TBL." I have never done that before. I'm pretty sure I figured it out, but I will be heading over to knitting-help to make sure.

I also cast on this...

kid sock

This will hopefully be my sock for the woman at Panera's daughter. (Go read Amie's blog for the whole story.) I'm kind of winging it. I have no idea how big a 6-year-old's foot is. The woman said her daughter likes green. I chose this yarn because it has green in it and I think it is sufficiently obnoxious enough to please a 6-year-old!

And finally, I leave you with this picture....

Secret Easter Bunny


At the theatre right now, we are doing "Secret Easter Bunnies" - same idea as "Secret Santa." We give and recieve presents anonymously until Easter. This was what I found in my light booth this morning. My secret Easter bunny ROCKS!!!! I was trying to convince my stage manager that drinking Appletinis during a kid show is a FINE idea. He wasn't buying it...

6 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

Did the SM say no to YOU drinking Appletinis in the booth by yourself during the show and not sharing or no drinking in general during the show? There is a difference...Speaking of which, tech is this weekend, so I definitely need to restock my liquour cabinet! Thanks for the reminder!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jal J said...

I work near Ewenique Yarns and go there on my lunch hour when I need a yarn fix and can't get to my LYS during the week. It's a small, but cute shop.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I didn't get a chance to tell you yesterday, but your current sock is gorgeous.

How did you like Ewenique Yarns?

6:04 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to go to Ewenique Yarns. That is my LYS and I spend so much time there. It is such a cute and fun store, I hope you all enjoyed yourself.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun day! I hope you all had a fabulous time. Good for you for only spending $20! Ewenique Yarns is my LYS and I adore it, they are so sweet and helpful!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

You showed off chicken butt but not chicken buttons!!!


General consensus has been that a six-year-old's foot is eight inches long.


I like the new mascot up on your banner:D

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home