Friday, March 31, 2006

Under Construction

I've done something horrible to the HTML code on the template of this lovely blog, so I decided to scrap the old template and start over. It's spring!!! Time for a change!!! I kind of like the black background, but I may play around with it some more and see what I come up with. I will be adding back all my links and such in the next few days. So "pardon my dust" as they say!

In the meantime... Here's a little Project Spectrum fun from the theatre. With many thanks to the cast for their participation! They all thought I was a little crazy. "What is this for?" I didn't even try to explain. I just said it was for a red and pink crafty project kind of thing.

Image hosting by Photobucket

In knitting news...
I started the hippopotomoose sock. I have no pictures to share because I deliberately left it at the theatre so that I might get to bed at a decent hour tonight. It's going fine so far. I've done the cuff and about 5 rows of the chart. I've only had a few minor mishaps that were easily repaired. I really like the cuff on this. Its a P1, K1 TBL pattern. I may use this again in the future.

I've started thinking about knitting something other than socks. (The shock may be overwhelming for you, but I beg you to soldier on!) It's just that the weather is getting warmer and I don't really wear socks much in the summer. I'm thinking a little shrug or tank or something summery might be a nice project. I've enjoyed working on socks because they are small enough that I don't start having too much knitting ADD.

I saw this on Craftster today, and I kinda like it. It even has...CROCHET.. on it!! Anyone have any good suggestions for cute/easy/interesting/summery patterns?
And finally...
A few of you have been asking about the status of my dental health. First of all - thank you sooo much for your concern. It's so sweet of you all!

The other night, the broken piece of tooth finally fell out. Amazingly, I am in no pain. I can even chew on that side of my mouth again, even though I now have a big hole in my tooth. The only thing that hurts is that the edge of the broken tooth is really sharp and it's hurting my tongue.

No, I have not been back to the dental school yet. I admit - the fact that it really doesn't hurt is not making me feel very urgent about going, but I know I have to. I'm still not like the idea of having to get up at ass o'clock to get to Baltimore so I can endure pain and fear!

Ok, I really was going to try to get to bed at a decent hour, wasn't I?

2 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

12:30a.m. is so decent it's early. You lazy bum, there's at least another hour and a half left in the day! =) (And, after that wonderful smart-ass comment, my connection dies for the night and I am forced to wait to post this until tomorrow morning. That’s karma for you!)

You knit socks sooo fast! Not sure what styles appeal to you as far as summer shirts, but I'm thinking about doing the Honeymoon cami and Tempting II from Knitty this summer. Both of them look fun!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Okay, this is like the third time I've recommended this sweater today, but it really is cute. It's called "Green Gables"

http://www.zephyrstyle.com/catalog/item.cfm/2367447/2628822#image_1

I have just given in to the obvious hints the universe is giving me, and bought the pattern myself.

See what you did?

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home