Monday, April 24, 2006

I can BREATHE!

I finally forced myself to my doctor's office on Friday. I LOVE my doctor. I've known him for years. His kids have done shows at the theatre, he's a HUGE theatre groupie, and all around nice guy. He agreed that it was allergies and gave me a big bag of free sample drugs. I felt better within an hour of taking them. (Zyrtec and Nasacort, miracle drugs as far as I'm concerned.) The drugs and the weekend of rain definitely eased my allergy woes. I feel much, much better.

On Saturday, I went to Border's to spend the gift card my secret Easter bunny gave me. I was really surprised to see The Yarn Harlot's new book on the "3 for 2" table. Actually - ALL of her books were on the 3 for 2 table. So I bought her new one and two other books.
100_1853

I haven't read any of it yet. I got distracted by the Jon Krakauer book I bought. I've read a few of his books and generally like them. This one is (so far) really interesting. He writes non-fiction. I won't go into details, but I'm enjoying this book, and it's a short book, so I'm sure I'll be done with it very soon!

Also, in book land, I received this gem yesterday.
100_1849

A friend of mine got an advanced promotional copy of this and since he doesn't knit, he gave it to me! It will be out for general sale at the end of April. It is a beautiful book. I can't stop looking at it. I read a bit of it last night. There are some nice patterns in it.
Including this, which I LOVE

100_1855

How cute is this mitten?? It's called "Chickens whistling Dixie."
So cute! (I have NO idea why I am so obsessed with chickens lately....)

I just looked at the vendor list for MS&W and Morehouse Farms Merino will be there... maybe I'll bring this book along and get them to sign it...

Speaking of MS&W...
I am so FREAKING EXCITED. I cannot wait. It will be my first time. Yes... I am a S&W VIRGIN. (Maybe I should get that printed on a tee shirt...) Just looking at the vendor's list makes my pulse race a little. My non-knitting friends think I am completely insane. Thank god I have you people to share my excitement with! Besides the thought of being surrounded by all that glorious YARN, I am also interested in seeing the non-yarn events too. I really want to see the sheep-dog demonstrations.

And of course, I am also excited about the dying class. I decided to join Scout's Dyeorama swap. I figured, after my class, I will be ready to try out some new dying fun.

I got a phone call yesterday from the new Baltimore theatre asking me to come run lights there the weekend of MS&W. Oh how I laughed and laughed! Silly silly deluded people. "um... yeah... SO NOT WORKING THAT WEEKEND."

I'm still working on the Embossed Leaves socks. I think there will be a heel turning tomorrow.
progress on embossed leaves

This afternoon in a moment of insanity, I cast on for Calla. I'm not quite sure what I'm thinking. I cast on using a skein of Cotton Classic - I only have ONE skein of it. I think I was just bored. I definitely want to attempt this pattern, but I think perhaps I should be better prepared with my yarn! But I do LOVE the color. It's a bright pink. I'll spare you any pictures since I doubt this is going to go anywhere. I guess I'm just ready to try something new - other than socks!

3 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better!!

Calla looks like a very fun pattern! Please let me know what you think about it!

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will so arm wrestle you for that book. Will you bring it on Monday so I can at least drool?

And I will be stalking the Morehouse booth at MDS&W again this year. Last year I bought a wrap kit, and I loved knitting with their yarn, so more again this year!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope you pursue Calla - what a great pattern. As I *newbie* knitter, I can only dream of the day when I am ready to tackle an *advanced* pattern. Good luck!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home