Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Happy Monday

I had a really nice day yesterday. Always a good way to start a week! I had a kid show in the morning. Then I went over to Lolly's house for lunch. We had AMAZING Indian food for lunch. It was sooo yummy - made for us by her wonderful husband. I'm always impressed with people who can cook, since I am so inadequate at it! Sooo good. Then we spent the rainy afternoon watching Munich, eating cookies (also good, also made by her husband!), and of course - knitting! Lolly is so sweet and I loved spending the day with her! (And her dogs are very cute!)

When I got home, I had a few nice mailbox items. My Project Spectrum postcard from Maryse arrived. We were both worried that it had been lost in the mail. She had mailed it April 29 and I just got it yesterday. Stupid snail mail! But, it was worth the wait.
PS Postcard Swap from April
So cute! She did all the stitching by hand. Good yellows and oranges for April!

I also received this in the mail:
Knitting Nature
If you haven't seen this book, I highly recommend you go look for it immediately. It is beautiful. I've been lusting after it since Lolly shared her copy with me a week or so ago. I'm not sure what project I'm going to tackle yet, but there is plenty to choose from. I ordered the book from Overstock.com. Gotta say - I am impressed. The book was only $17.93 and shipping on all orders is $2.95. I ordered it Friday and had it Monday. Cheap and fast. (Just how I like my men! hee hee hee! Kidding....!)

Last night was knitting group - always fun. We had a few new people join the fray last night. I hope we didn't terrify them! There was spinning instruction going on during the meeting. Amie was giving Erin some helpful hints. Here's Erin (aka - Mama E) practicing with her drop spindle in the middle of Panera.
Erin spinning in PaneraMama E mastering the drop spindle

I forgot to bring my spindle with me, so I am still a mess with my spinning. I have to remember for next time!

Also at knitting group, Erin(Mama E) brought a big bag of her amazing yarn. I bought this beauty:
Pistachio Chip
Pistachio Chip hand dyed by Mama E.
Isn't it gorgeous??? I love love love it. I already have plans for it. And of course those plans involve socks! Go check out the Mama's shop. Her yarn is beautiful and soft and lovely. And she's way cool! She's got some beautiful colorways available right now, including one named after ME! Check her out!

At knitting group, I managed to finish a sock. I have one lonely Elfine done.
One done!
I had every intention of casting on for the second one during my kid show this morning, but I got distracted by this..

obligatory window shot of flower basket shawl

I really want to finish this and get it blocked. It's my first lace and I dyed the yarn, so I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like.

Well, The Poodle is getting impatient with me to take her out, so I'm off. Happy Tuesday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Cute postcard! Isn't Maryse great? She was my swap pal last month!!

I love the Mama E yarn. It's on my list as soon as I do some sock yarn de-stashing!!

Your lace is looking fantastic! I'm getting ready to do a couple of test swatches for the hanging vines stole. It will be my first big lace project!

7:06 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

i'm glad you like the postcard. sorry it was so late.

love the projects you've got going. you've been busy

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Mama E's yarn is so gorgeous, such a cool colorline! And your lace looks breathtaking, it's a true beauty, you did a perfect job with that one!

1:01 AM  
Blogger KT said...

The lace looks great! I can't wait to see a finished/blocked pic!! Your knitting group sounds like so much fun!

3:13 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I'm so bummed I missed it! You would have had a battle for that Pistachio chip yarn! :)

The shawl is looking great, and the sock.....so pretty!!!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Wow, awesome lace! I can't believe you've gotten that far since the dyeing class!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home