Lots of knitting going on over here! I have made some decent progress on Arwen.
That is the left front with the early stages of a sleeve! Go me! I might actually make a sweater!
I must say, things got much more interesting once I started the sleeve. I actually had to pay attention! I was very careful and read the directions several times before starting the sleeve. I'm determined to keep any ripping back to a minimum. I'm usually not so good with directions, so I made some effort this time. I had some issues with the cable panel at first so I had to call The Knitting Helpline for assistance. See... I thought I knew how to read a chart, but apparantly, I only know how to read charts for knitting in the round! After Amie pointed me in the right direction, things went much better.
I decided that this is my light booth knit. Anytime I'm at work, I am knitting on this. I'm not allowing myself to bring any other projects to work with me. That way... Arwen gets some dedicated knitting time. Also, it allows me to knit on other things when I'm not at work. And then I don't feel guilty for neglecting Arwen!
So... when not in the light booth, I have been knitting this:
It's a Waving Lace Sock from the new Interweave book Favorite Socks. They are the socks on the front cover of the book.
I seriously LOVE this pattern. I have no worries about second sock syndrome with this - it's just too much fun to knit. I love the scalloped edging on the cuff and I'm pretty pleased with the yarn too. It's Shelridge Farm Soft Touch Ultra in Lemonlime that I picked up at MS&W last year. I've been wanting to use this yarn for a while, but I wanted the perfect pattern for it. I think I found it! Since taking this picture, I've put about another inch or so on it. I've got about 10 more rows before starting the heel. I cast on for this on Monday, so it's going fast.
I also made Archie this past weekend:
Archie is supposed to be a horse. I think he currently looks like a rat (minus the icky tail).
Hopefully the addition of a mane and a tail will help him look a little more equine and a little less rodent! I don't think he is nearly as cute as Pepe, but he has his charm. The directions call for the use of embroidery to attach the mane. I'm not so sure about my embroidery talents, so I haven't gotten around to adding the mane yet, but I may make an attempt tomorrow.
I hope you all have a brilliant weekend. I will be in tech - Ugh. Here's a little spring picture for those of you still suffering the throes of winter.
My neighbor's magnolia tree.